CALL US: 07765044791
JP Veterinary Physiotherapy aims to be clear and transparent about how it uses personal data.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
JP Veterinary Physiotherapy collects personal data including client contact details and medical/veterinary records.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
JP Veterinary Physiotherapy uses personal details for internal record keeping, to provide a legal record of any treatment provided, and to ensure continuity of care.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Information may be passed to other medical professionals who are involved in your, or your animal’s, care; this may include Veterinarians, Consultants, other Health Care Professionals and your/ your animal’s insurance provider.
Information is never shared with third parties who are not directly involved in your care or your animal’s care, except when required to do so legally (i.e. by law enforcement agencies).
RETENTION OF RECORDS
Health records must be legally retained for eight years from the date of the last treatment.
JP Veterinary Physiotherapy takes data security seriously and has put in place appropriate procedures to securely store your personal records, both in paper and digital form. Only JP Veterinary Physiotherapy has access to these files.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access your personal information. If at any point you believe the information we hold is incorrect, you may request that this information be corrected or deleted.
Should you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, please, in the first instance, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with the response, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Cookies are used to collect information on website usage and performance. These are used for analytical purposes only.
You can alter your browser settings to change your options regarding cookies.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
Terms and Conditions
1. In the case of pre-existing conditions, veterinary physiotherapists are required to treat under veterinary referral in accordance with the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966. Therefore, all clients MUST have a referral from their veterinarian before physiotherapy treatment. If your animal has not directly been referred to me by your veterinarian I will need to contact your veterinarian to acquire a referral prior to your appointment. The exception for this is when performing maintenance checks and treatments on a healthy animal.
2. Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the appointment to avoid charges. The client will be liable to pay half the price of the physiotherapy treatment fee if a cancellation is made under 24 hours prior to your appointment, or if the appointment is a "no show". However, if your animal has an illness or contagious disease you MUST reschedule your appointment. You will not incur a charge in this situation. Charges will also not be incurred for cancellation due to reasonable circumstances.
4. The right is reserved to refuse physiotherapy treatment if the animal requires veterinary treatment prior to physiotherapy, or if the animal is considered a danger to the physiotherapist.
5. Cash, BACS or cheques are the only payment methods accepted. Please note that payment in full is required at the time of consultation.
6. If you are claiming for physiotherapy treatment from your insurance company, you must have referral from your veterinarian and approval from your insurance company prior to physiotherapy treatment. You will have to pay for appointments up front.
7. Massage treatments are contraindicated by the following; diarrhoea, pregnancy, skin infections including fungal infections, open wounds, cancerous tumours, infectious diseases, fever or acute stages of injury (first 72 hours). If your animal is experiencing any of these then massage therapy cannot be provided. The same cancellation policy as above applies.
By confirming your physiotherapy appointment you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stated above.